Monday, October 26, 2009

Fall=Pumpkin Carving

Well we had an adventure filled weekend around our house! Daddy had to work, but we still made the most of it...Little man went to his Mimi's on Friday and got to go the fair AGAIN!! But, this time he spent someone else's money and got to play a ton of games! He brought home 5 stuffed animals (he was a little obsessed)! Saturday night he had a friend spend the night! I felt so bad for his friend because I just do not keep adequate groceries in the house (blame it on my momma) and this kid ate like a horse!! Now I can say this because his momma his one of my oldest and dearest friends and she knows I mean well:) Anyway, every 10 minutes he was wanting a healthy snack ( he really said healthy because his stomach hurt) so I gave him chicken noodle soup and you would have thought I cured cancer!! He was so happy, he said WOW that made my tummy feel better, can I have a chocolate chip cookie now?? haha..But, by far the funniest conversation was the one about taking a shower. I informed the boys that they would need to take a shower before bed so they could just get dressed the next morning for church. I told them one could use one bathroom and one could use the other. This was the response, "can't we just take one together?" Ummm, is that legal???  But, then I felt like I would be taking a rite of passage away from them if I made them seperate, so sure, why not? Then I hear, " we gonna get naked and take a shower" sung in unison!! Oh the joys of boys!!

Now for the point of the title! We finally carved our pumpkin that has been on the porch for 2 weeks! Little man was so excited and asked me every 5 minutes if it was time to carve the pumpkin, I finally gave in at 7:00 last night. Now, I love the concept of carving the pumpkin and making it look all cute for halloween, but I am not crazy about the whole sticking your hand in that yuck to clean it out! So, equipped with my giant spoon and huge butcher knife, we went to work.

This is me being told that saying cheeeese was not appropriate for the occasion..."Momma we have to say Happy Halloweeeen" !!


Hey, as long as it produces a good picture I don't care what you say!



Notice who is doing all the work~~Miss Priss was having none of it! I don't blame her:)
She gets it from her momma!


Our finished product!!  Mamaw came by and helped with that beautiful smile, I was too nervous that I would mess up! haha...The ghost pumpkin was done at Mimi's (fancy, I know!)

Now, the last picture that I am going to show is horrific and sad! I almost cried but withheld my tears in fron of the children. We spent a whole, good hour on our masterpiece and this is what we woke up too...brace yourselves!

This is what we found on our porch this morning! :(
Our beautiful, black lab decided he wanted in on the fun!! Now let me remind you that these pumpkins have been on our porch for 2 weeks and NOW he decides to have a midnight snack!! UGH!!

It is, what it is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment